Yesterday, the official Microsoft Australia Twitter confirmed that Microsoft Lync will be coming to smartphones’ in the next four weeks, however Microsoft have yet to make an official announcement. The tweet does mention Android, iOS, Blackberry and Windows phone 7, but does not mention Symbian, which had previously been reported as a supported platform.
With the release of Office 365, little is still know about its partner, Office 365 for Education. This variation of Office 365 is set to be the successor to Live@edu, but there are five points that should be noted.
- Live@edu users will not be automatically upgraded.
- Very little will change if you do upgrade.
- Just because Office 365 offers Sharepoint Online and Lync does not mean you will get it.
- Blackberry users may finally get an Exchange reprieve.
- Get familiar. You’ll likely be using it in industry.
This article can be found in full at: http://www.zdnet.com/blog/igeneration/five-things-you-need-to-know-about-office-365-for-education/11267?tag=search-results-rivers